Tuesday, August 7

felt much?

I just started making felt pins and magnets (you can choose if you want to add one when purchasing) and guess what, they haven't sold yet! It's pretty sad, but oh well. I think I'm going to start making christmas ornaments instead with felt, because well, it seems like they'd sell better than the felt animals I make (eventhough they are SO cute)

How much would you price them at? Or better yet, how much would you buy one for?

Feedback is greatly appreciated :)
Two more weeks left of summer break, how depressing :[ Just started sewing again and listed this clutch/wristlet
Nothing else new really.. I might get an ad in a magazine.. a friend of mine created this ad. It's super nice :)


Has anyone ever paid to get an ad in a magazine or newspaper? If so, how'd it work out?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I see your penguin feltie is listed at $5.00. That sounds about right to me. Have you researched other feltie prices on etsy (ones that are selling) to compare? Maybe it's about hitting the target audience and the photos.

I think the ad is GREAT! Wow... it looks great, and I really think you should go through with it. Good for you. I only hope to have enough items in my shop someday to get an ad. :)

jessica said...

I agree with Melissa - I think your price is definitely OK. I would think you might be able to charge even a bit more ($6-8) - it looks like there is quite a bit of detail in there. I think with Etsy, sometimes it's a matter of getting your stuff seen - there is so much there that you have to keep listing so that your items end up getting seen.

I really like your ad - I've never done anything like this, but I'm very interested to hear how it turns out for you.

Unknown said...

DUDE no way, i just just just had a dream about you and dave and brent. i was your house and we were trying to spy or throw things into the house next door, which was also your house.
so either you're like castle and cook, or you're intense and invaded my mind right when you sent me a comment!